For AJ's ten month birthday, he got a VERY special gift - his FIRST tooth! It must have popped through last night and AJ handled it like a champ! He hasn't even seemed that fussy today! This month AJ has been mastering his "getting around moves." He crawls at the speed of light, goes up stairs, walks between objects that are close enough for him to grab onto from one to another, and pulls himself up on flat surfaces like walls and doors now. He doesn't really walk around furniture or along walls (although he could), because I think he knows it's quicker to just crawl. He can also stand alone for a couple of seconds, and can let himself down easily and with control from that standing position. He has a few new tricks (just discovered this weekend): he likes to put his mouth/tongue on our sliding glass door, which leaves the very cool breath marks, he purposefully drops food onto the floor, which Nuge is LOVING, and he hits all the buttons on the stereo until he gets the music to come on. He absolutely LOVES music! He also loves to turn the pages in his books. His favorite books are the touch and feel ones as he actually knows where to feel. Here are some pictures from the last month (mostly from this past weekend)!
AJ and Daddy getting ready to cheer on the Buckeyes during the National title game (Brian had to hold AJ's hands so he would keep the hat on long enough for me to take a picture). Too bad we lost!

"Look - a little seat just for me!" "Mom, I promise I won't rip all the laundry out of the basket."

This is how our family room looks at the end of each day, but AJ has a blast! Notice that I strategically place his larger toys in front of the T.V. area so he can't get to it!

Some of you think that AJ never cries. Well, here is the proof! Last night after his bath, I spiked up his hair just for fun. AJ's thoughts, "Mom, I hate the spikey hair." Really he just wanted his bottle and instead I was trying to take a picture of his hair.

"Mom, my hair is STILL sticking up. WAH!!!!" Again, AJ wanting me to pick him up after waking up in the morning and instead I am taking pictures.

AJ loves his dump truck. The best is that the blocks make noise when you bang them together!

AJ loves to play in the curtains, which often results in Nuge being scared out of his mind.

AJ with the garage. He just discovered that items could go down the elevator shaft.

AJ trying to get his music on. He also tries to get Daddy's books!

This is how I managed to get my grade cards done.

The aftermath! AJ thought it was great! Daddy, not so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment