5.25.2008

Adventures in the Sandbox

Okay, before I get to the sandbox, I have to share about the blocks first. A few nights ago, AJ was playing with his blocks as usual, but then everytime he would throw a block (first picture) he would fake laugh HYSTERICALLY (second picture) like he was so proud of himself!


Last weekend, we finally got AJ's sandbox out that he got for his birthday. He LOVED it even without the sand! We had to take off for the grocery store after this picture was taken, so it was another week before he actually got to experience the sand.


To my surprise, AJ actually was a little slow to get used to the sand (surprising because he's constantly playing with dirt and mulch). I thought he would dive right in, but here he is testing it out with his new toys.


He decided he needed to inspect it all, so with his trusty bucket in hand, here he is checkin' out the bungee cords we are using to keep the lid on.


I finally just plopped AJ in the middle of the sandbox and started building sandcastles for him. I would dump them out of the bucket and he would knock it down with the rake. After he figured out what I was doing he would help me pat down the sand in the bucket. SO cute!


Okay, now we're lovin' it! AJ eventually just started wingin' the the sand all over the place. He ended playing in the sand for almost an hour! What great fun!



No comments: